Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yummy Musk Melon Shake

Recently R was on a Musk melon spree. He used to religiously get a musk melon every week. However, we found it very boring and bland to eat just like that, even with salads. Even Sarah did not have more than 2-3 spoonfuls.
So, yesterday, I was checking online for any tasty (more palatable) recipes of muskmelon (or Cantaloupe).
And lo! I came across a simple muskmelon shake, which you can easily prepare by pureeing the pieces along with sugar and then adding chilled milk. I must say the shake was super yummy - I would suggest adding less sugar if the melon is already sweet to keep this healthy. A defenite must try this summer as it cools the body too.
Sarah absolutely loved this lipsmacking treat and she was asking for more!! If you aren't impressed by muskmelon, why not check out the innumerable benefits it has. The best part was that my baby took it well and was not constipated - so one more food to her list of haves!

No comments: