Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cast Away

The lizards here always managed to spook me endlessly. Thick tails and fat bodies - in fact, I always felt that they looked like pink/black yucky fishes. The lizards over here had been continously scaring me for almost 3 years.

I must say that because of them I had stopped using the kitchen cupboard as it was their favorite hiding place and also I refused to clean the unused cupboard and cabinets for long time as most of the stuff (spices and et al.) I used were placed near the stove. In short, the overall cleanliness of the kitchen deteriorated and everything looked misplaced.

In the second week of Feb2010, R managed to get the Kitchen window sealed. The entire kitchen window frame was replaced. The exhaust fan outlet was sealed using a wire net.
Two weeks later my sis-in-law visited us and she cleaned out the dusty cupboard and unkempt dish rack, which I have managed to maintain. Thanks to both.

At present, these reptiles are barred from entering my kitchen, and I am at peace. Cooking has never been such a pleasure; otherwise the moment I enter the kitchen, I am cooking in such a jiffy and I used to try to finish my cooking fast so that I should never enter it till they leave.

In fact, this lizard issue was even affecting our family life - It was that serious!!! I used to get into arguments with R just because of these lizards. I even made him to kill two or three just because they were refusing to leave the kitchen. My mom-in-law even trapped 3-5 of them and flushed them down the toilet - I know this is masaccre but they were like making me loose my sanity - big time! Once I even threw the apple I was eating on a huge black lizard that popped in through the exhaust fan outlet.

Finally, it is a huge PHEW (font size: 84) and welcome good old cooking days and clean kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How good was the throw @ the lizard?!! Was it waste of an apple? waste of energy? ;-)

Donna said...

waste of both - and the lizard escaped