Saturday, March 13, 2010

Product review: Cif Kitchen Cleaner - a life saver for Indian kitchens!

I recently came across an amazing cleaner "Cif." I am so so delighted that finally a great creamy cleaner is hitting the Indian market.
Our gas stove is ages old but well maintained - we occasionally used to have a hard time scrubbing the food particles sticking to it. Cif soaks up the thick stains and using a dry cloth you can easily wipe of the stains. I also found out that if you follow it up by cleaning with a wet cloth, the shine is greater.
But the amazing discovery that I made was its effectiveness in cleaning shabby stained ceramic tiles and even the white cement filling between them. We all are aware of the fact that in a heavy use kitchen, more than the tiles, the white cement caulk gets dirty and stained very fast. Further, the stains are so tough that after regular usage, they tend to appear black even if you rub them hard using a cleaning brush or tooth brush.
I always hated to see the slight brown film like stains on the light blue ceramic tiles in our bathroom. One fine day morning, I set out with Cif and another cleaner Lizol (the pine fragrance one) to clean up the tiles.
First, I wetted the tiles generously and then squirted Cif and rubbed each tile religiously with Cif. Cif does not generate much lather. So in between I sprayed capfuls of Lizol (consider it as a catalyst as Lizol alone was never enough) between my scrubbing episodes - After an hour, the tiles were sparkling and I still can't believe that I finally did it - I would like to give all the credit to Cif as I have never seen the tiles so clean in three years of my marriage, despite trying several different cleaners and making different people to try cleaning it.

Both Cif and Vim are products of the company Unilever. The kitchen utensil cleaner is still known as Vim in India.

My rating: 5/5; It is a must have for Indian Kitchens

[Image taken from http://www.poundland.co.uk/images/585/original/cif-cream.jpg]

No comments: