Saturday, March 13, 2010

The dead man who made me cry

Recently, I happened to see Dead Man Walking (1995) on Star Movies. I must say, Director Tim Robbins has made a masterpiece. I don't know why - I just try not to watch Sean Penn Movies -- I really do not have a specific reason.
In this movie, a nun tries hard to make a convict realise the consequences of his mistake before he goes for capital punishment. Sean Penn plays the complex character of the convicted killer Matthew Poncelet, who raped and killed two teenagers at the middle of a fateful night along with his friend. Susan Sarandon plays the role of the nun with such an ease that you cannot imagine anyone else as Sister Helen Prejean.
Finally, she makes him realise how much pain and suffering has he caused to the victim's families. The execution scene is the highlight and you will be marvelled by the performances of the lead actors. I must say, do watch it!

No comments: