Saturday, March 13, 2010

Heat and Mosquitos

Its been almost a week that I have got a proper sleep during night. The increasing temperature, humidity and the numerous mosquitos are giving me and Sarah a very hard time. Sarah is not getting proper sleep because of these creatures - I did not to put the mosquito net yet as it gets very stuffy inside. I tried the following:

Mosquito repellant: Strong smell, sticky and useless after almost 30 min
Liquidator: Absolutely useless that I would want to throw it so far that I should never see it again in my life. Rani Mukherjee, please stop endorsing GoodKnight Liquidators - Do you want us to die by inhaling poison and also by mosquito bites simultaneously?

Finally, today I am back to tieing the mosquito net.

Eventhough we have installed an AC in the front room, it did not help as my inlaws were in and me and Sarah had to sleep inside, where we have two fans but the heat has literally started to cook us.

Earlier, I was planning to spend the summer in Kerala, but I had suddenly planned to return back to DOmbivili and then celebrate Sarah's first birthday here. It turned out to be a good decesion as Kerala is now recording its highest temperature. Either way, we were bound to be cooked. But now that that summer started after holi, we are just running out of ways to combat mosquitos and heat.

No comments: