Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gifts and Valentine, birthdays blah blah

Valentine is "supposed" to be the time when love is in the air.
Last valentine, my fiancee (now my husband) got me a gold pendant and we went out for a quite dinner. He was tired after his hectic shift but he took tme to make me feel special and take me out.

I happened to see a couple at the next table. She - constantly talking and giggling and he - constantly interrrupting her with the calls that he got on his phone. I just wanted to tell him to switch off his phone.

Gifts dont excite me much now! Same is the case with my husband :D. However, my husband surprised me this time more by getting a one year gym membership (for both of us) - for a heathy year ahead! At this point , I remember my friend complaining to me last that why I didnt wish her for the birthday - I absolutely forgot that she had a birthday and she was like - her hubby was teasing her that none of her frnds remembered hers.

For my birthday, I didnt pick the phone becos I forget the birthdays and I just wanted to spend my time being alone looking back at my life, taking rest or watching a movie etc. And lo, in the evening, my husband gets all his frnds home for a surprise birthday bash. I felt that I am six years old (the last time I exclusively had a full-fledged birthday party). Loads of gifts and smiles and a yummy cake :P. I got a beautiful black mug with my star sign on it - which was my favorite.

Occasions just confuse me - I just donnow what gift should I buy for my husband in turn. I got a pair of sneakers for him and I felt that it was not the type he is expecting.

For his birthday, he didnt allow me to get him what he want (nike sneakers) and I ended up buying some stuff that seemed to be irrelevant to him (except chocolates, for which I also had a share).

I remember that the first time I met him - I got him a wallet (pure genuine leather) and it seemed to be absoultely useless for some time (i.e. till we got married) becos he was not willing to part with his dad's wallet.

errr...The movie'sname should have been "What men want?" I am absolutely clueless.

Memoirs: Last day, my collegue told me that his frnd's girlfrnd got him a beautiful hand-painted pot. He ended up breaking it and then using it as an ash tray, which made her go wild.

Just now am writing this post from the shade of a beautiful huge bouquet sent to my collegue by her husband.

Men confuse...gifts scare me now :o

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are just so true...its so difficult to buy a special gift for someone special in your life(bf, hubby, finacee)u never know what to gift them...but a very nice article...

woman undercover ;) said...

Thanks for yur comments ashi!!! and thanks for visiting my blog!