Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Reptile that (((((Shrunk)))) my Soul!


I woke up and moved to the kitchen.
My sleepy eyes!
My groggy mind!

And LO!!!!!!
I saw that huge reptile crouching on the wall!
It ran with great vigour towards me!
I ran out of the kitchen.... (poor weak- hearted me)

My heart became a pin head
My mouth went dry
I experienced goose pimples on my head!
(In seconds, I carried a Cruella hair do!)

How can this reptile torcher me like this without hurting me?? I wondered
I summoned up all my courage and moved back into the kitchen.
(As you see in some scary movies, the hero advances towards the ghost)

I looked around! I couldn't find the lizard
I ran back to my room and took my glasses so that I can believe my eyes
Slowly, with soft steps I moved towards the sink and started washing the vessels ...

I moved towards the gas stove, suddenly, something fell on me!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (echo!) I screamed with all my might and ran out!

Damn! the lizard was back
It attacked me!!!
I was travelling on the thread between life and death!
I don't remember what went through my mind that time.
All that I remember is that I was screaming on the top of my voice with closed eyes and I could see some red sparks...

To some, the lizard is cute with beautiful eyelids and a pink body (YUCK!)

I found that the lizards in my native were far better - at least they were tiny
This lizard was ugly, huge and had warts :(
I wondered how Steve Irwin could handle four comodos together with no fear!
And here, poor me cannot even handle a tiny lizard.

I waited for some time and slowly peeped into the kitchen
All that I could hear was a thumping sound - by the way, that was my heart

People laugh at this phobia but later I discovered that my colleague had this too!
Phew! so this is not abnormal! I felt relieved!

Every time I enter the kitchen, I feel that I am in constant scrutiny by that reptile!

When I told regarding this encounter to my friend, he smiled and replied "Maybe the lizard got scared and was trying to exit!"

I don't believe this!

12 comments:

K Arun Kumar said...

Well, Don . . .

That was great courageous attempts that you made to at least go back into the kitchen to wash the vessels.

If at all it were me, I wouldn't have even allowed such creatures to share my living place.

But for that reason you need not have threatened that small creature with your loud scream.

For a second, even I was shocked by your loud scream. Your expressions in words were realistic. (Applause)

Let your great works keep coming. Waiting to read a lot more of your work.

Cheers,

Arun

Donna said...

thanks for yur comments pal!!!

Today morning also I had a short encounter. In fact the lizard waited till I stopped screaming and it ran away ...

I guess my scream deafened it for a few secs.... :)

Maheswari PonSaravanan said...

Poor weak-hearted me -- you?
screaming on the top of my voice -- you?? (may be lizard)
And here, poor me cannot even handle a tiny lizard -- !!!!!!!!!

You want me to believe that u got scared of that small creature!!!!!!!!
Nee Dinosaur-ke alwa koduppe.
Tell me the truth, it is all ur imagination know?

Maheswari PonSaravanan said...

I also wanted to say one more thing!!!

While reading, you made me to feel as if I was there.

Great! Waiting to read lot more Dear.

manarcad prince said...

chechi,


eniyum palliye kanuvanel enne phone vilikanam?othiri nos ondankil this week njan alle ayakam. ente oru suhruthu vannu aa palliye ellam pidichu kodu poyi kollum.

evide ente muthala kunjungalkku kodukan pallikallude shortage vannu.atha!

bombayil eniyum vere sthalangalil paliikalude shalyam ondankil enne vilikanam.njan alle ayakkam?

ee karayam ariyichathinu enteyum ente muthala kunjugaludeyum nandi ariyikunnu


PRINCE

Donna said...

hahahaha..kollam

Padmalatika said...

Donna dear,
What your friend told might be true.. the poor thing might have got scared by your voice, if ever you screamed like that! Anyway, your literary scribbles are inspiring me too.. Don't worry, I am much concerned about others! Keep up the good work!

Donna said...

Padmaji its a surprise!!!!

Thanks...that monster is still alive and in full spree!

ente thala kondey poku

Padmalatika said...

Donna kuttie, ninte thala athinenthinaa?

woman undercover ;) said...

urutti kalikkanayirkkum :-o

renji said...

PEYDI TURI AHHAHAHAHAAHA... LIZARD IS IN A STATE OF SHOCK AFTER HER SCREAM.. DINT C IT 4 QUITE SOMETIME.. .... POOR LIZARD....

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I am very much identical. I have completely sealed my kitchen only to keep the lizard away.