Sunday, April 11, 2010

My father's daughter

My father worked as a Senior Technical Assistant in UCMS, Delhi. He left all of us on March 20. After he is gone, every minute of life, I refuse to believe that he is no more - it is just like a news I would never want to believe. He was an alcoholic, but loved me the most in family. He was proud of the fact that I got a good job in Bangalore and was independent taking care of myself. I remember myself feeling angry and disappointed when he asked me to leave home and search for job after my post graduation. But after I got a job and started working, I realised that what he wanted was absolutely right for me - at least I could figure out what i needed for my career and what suited me most. He even told me to find my life partner myself as that will be always better than parent's choice. When Sarah was born, he spend hours playing with her and feeding her and he was worried how I would raise the kid in the 1 BHK in Dombivili, Thane.

God has been graceful to us and has been giving us the immense strength to bear his loss, and also when we had to go through the after-effects of his alcoholism when he was alive, God has carried us without falling. He was also kind to my father as he blessed him with a grand-daughter before he left this world. Life has never been easier but it never had been that hard for us to live. Today, if I am independent and strong, it is all because of my father. God bless his soul.

5 comments:

Ladybird said...

Very sorry to hear about your father's demise. Take care

Unknown said...

I am sure his words are the PATH-FINDER, that changed your life. I also can feel that your father believed in you and your capability, and knowing what is going around you that time.. His advice to you was THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE.

I am sorry for your family's loss.

Donna said...

Thanks Roshni for your condolences.

Yeah, the loss of parents is something irreplacable; The emptiness is so suffocating. Thanks George for your kind comment.

Remya said...

Yes, the emptiness is suffocating. You miss them so much and cant express it or get rid of the pain, that it gets so hard to breathe. I'm sorry for your loss Donna ...

Donna said...

thanks for empathizing dear...