Monday, April 19, 2010

The Hardest Job

I agree - till date, being a wife is the hardest job that I have done. Compared to this, being a mom is such an easy job - at least i am sure that my daughter won't fail to smile if she likes things. All I see around is women looking for true love and hoping for some miracle to happen. Someone to rescue them out of misery as in Cinderella stories.

When your parents fail to give you the happiness "you want," you turn to your spouse thinking that things will be better. I dread those relationships which involve a spouse that nags and nags and accuses endlessly his/her partner and I have tried my best not to be one, but then that alone has never helped. Assuring yourself to be positive and leaving everything to God when you are weary has helped immensely thus far but I dont know how long.

I confess: I have failed the test of being a perfect wife. A list of conditions, rules, and laws haven't left me with enough space to breathe - may be there are women who can survive these because they take the stronger side and can nag better.

Being a wife has turned me into something I were not before - in short, I have lost myself.

At times, you loose control of everything and you wonder if all these were worth the effort.