Friday, April 16, 2010

Food that heals life

Before my marriage, I would always stick to gobi manchurian and chinese noodles if given a choice to eat out. Marriage did not affect my choice but the way gobi manchurian in made in Mumbai is sick. I would rather have palak paneer or a lighter choice like paper dosa.
I also have found a new interest in American chopsuey. Food suddenly seems to be boring. But I do like fancy buffets that offer lot of healthier options. Not to mention, junk food from McDonalds and Capuccinos from Coffee day are always welcome. Kerala porotta was once my childhood favorite. But right now, the sight of it makes me go into indigestion.

I love preparing food and at times, I can relate myself to the little rat in the movie Ratatoullie. I can make out from the whiff of the food cooking if its cooked or not and if the spices are proportionate. I don't know if all women are like that but the smell of food is always important to me. I always think of making the food as healthier as possible - less oil, less spice, less salt and less sugar and more of whole grain options.

Not to mention chocolates - I cannot stay away from them.

Someday, I wish to bake yummy cakes and learn cake decoration. Oh! and I love cookery shows and food movies. Food always remains a very important part of my life and the main secret of surviving successfully as an Indian wife :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

American chopsuey was my fav dish when i was in bangalore...i use to try them at a restaurant in jakkasandra(kormangala). but, when the owner changed the cook..it tasted worse..I keep asking the old style.. I want curry and the noodle served seperate, and bullseye egg on the top of noodle. yummy.

I could not find one here in philly :(

Donna said...

there is a chinese restaurent in Brigade road - for me too the search for the perfect chopsuey continues. However, the best chopsuey thus far is the one that i ate at Tunga paradise in Navi Mumbai - it was real good - as yu said - the sauce and chopsuey served seperate