Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cough that kills..

Summer has started in Mumbai after a long Winter.

My throat and head started paining. Climate changes affect me first. The horrendous throat pain ended and I got a bad cough. Everytime I coughed, I felt that I am going to cough my heart out. The first week was painful. Then, the cough became dry and continous and i was coughing and finding difficult to breathe

I tried Benadryl at nights for soothing my throat and to sleep.
Kanthika (YOGI) everytime i started my cough, i popped one pellet in, suggested by my bay mate Anitha; in fact, she was too good to me inspite of my continous coughing spells.
Matt got me Robittussin (the best cough syrup in the world) :P
Faisal felt pity on me and got me two vicks tablets one evening when i was coughing my head out
I gargled with hot saline water twice or thrice
I stopped eating fruits :(
I ate idlis for breakfast and bread afternoon; stayed away from spicy and oily foods
I met the doc in my neigbouring building - he gave me a set of three tablets to have three times a day for two days. It worked.
Five Sleepless nights - Thanks to my husband for bearing the incessant coughing spells
Before going to sleep, I had turmeric, pepper powder and honey mixed with hot milk.I had Pankaja Kasthuri every time I coughed at home
One week later and I am free :) Back to blogging!

Coughs are suffocating!!!!

1 comment:

Xorkes said...

Cough well described ;-)