Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bill Porter took me Door to Door

Today early morning, I came across one of the best movies on life that I have seeen thus far - Door to Door. It is the inspiring true story of a Door-to-door salesman Bill Porter, who worked for Watkins, a US company. Bill was born with Cerebral Palsy, but he never allowed it to come in his way to become the Salesman of the Year for Watkins. William H. Macey has done a wonderful job in the Lead role.

What I strongly believe is to never understimate myself and prove other's wrong by working hard. If some says that "I am good for nothing," I would try my best to prove them wrong. I once remember one of my friends telling "you believe so strongly in yourself, no matter what others think about you." Thus far, this is the best compliment that I have got in my life and it indeed keeps me believing in myself more.

The story of Bill Porter also reminded me of my father. I remember that my father felt that he was going out of pace when his department was computerised. He couldn't understand what to do exactly in a computer. When he used to visit our hometown during vacations, he used to watch hours me working on my laptop and used to ask me how do I freelance and also ask me to explain how to work on it. I remember him using the mouse and trying to click on the icons on the desktop. Once he told that he was shifted into the computer department and he told the head of the department that he cannot work in this department as he does not want to work with computers. I can understand, technology can sometimes be scary. This movie aptly depicts a person who dreads computers, refusing to get into the rat race to learn it - finally feeling out of place.

Door to Door is definitely a feel-good kind of family movie. It is a very clean movie (no sex, violence or guns and bullets) and must watch for all those who belive in hope, inspiration and hard work. There are several emotional as well as funny moments that can bring tears to your eyes and even you end up thinking about the valuable lesson that it conveys. Importantly, this movie teaches you a lot of beautiful lessons of life which you would want to practice. Do see this!

No comments: