Thursday, April 24, 2008

The fall out

My heart crawled a long way
No time to rest
No time to sleep
It was weary and near to dead
I pulled it over thorns
I pulled it through forests
I pulled it through pebbles and I pulled it through the desert
My heart asked me "Can I rest? I am weary and near to dead"
I said "No my dear heart, we have more to travel!"
My heart said "I am tired; travel alone friend - I don't think I can make it"
Saying this, my heart bursted into tears..
I sobbed with my dear friend becos she was in pain.
I had to pluck my heart out of me and throw my emotions one by one
My heart consoled me saying "don't worry! you will become strong"
"Now that I am out you, you will bear the pains with a grace
you will bear the scornful with indifference
you will bear the evil words with a smile"
"My absence will make you strong"
I said "But..how will I survive without you?"
My heart replied "Your emotions are for those who love you unconditionally"
"God has gifted you the best of friends who will hug you tight when the hard wind blows"
"Those who scorn you tears just dont want your loving heart"
"So let go of me my friend, its time to fall out of emotions... I want you to be strong when the hurricane strikes you"
I looked into the void darkness
The journey ahead was just emptiness
I parted with my heart in great pain
I extripated my emotions with great despair
My heart told me "See me in your friends, your mother, even your enemies - they will give me to you when you are in need"

Good bye friend! Good bye emotions! Am never giving you for those who don't need you. I am falling out with happiness - I am falling out of pain

1 comment:

K Arun Kumar said...

Outstanding poem. What a talent with words. That was a great poem. Talking to one's own heart. A great concept. You have done a great work just like that.